The objectives of the course
- Fostering critical thinking and supporting research creativity and cooperation
- Integration of academic research in the MAP region
- Knowledge about the advantages and challenges of interdisciplinary research
- Knowledge about breakpoints and how they affect natural systems (soils, plants, …) and social systems (markets, families, communities, …)
- Knowledge about the dynamics of agrarian conflicts in the MAP region.
- Understanding of the relevance of governance and dialogue between different actors.
In which form?
- Interdisciplinary postgraduate program on the role of biodiversity for sustainable development strategies to be implemented through cooperation between scientists in Germany and the MAP region.
- The course and the program are based on the interaction of critical reflection and capacity building, as well as on the cooperation of people from different disciplines and cultures.
- Inclusion of the perspective of the indigenous populations of the MAP region and issues related to gender structures.
- Next call for October to March 2022/23, publication to be launched
The selection of participants for the postgraduate course is carried out by the Free University of Berlin / PRODIGY (Schönenberg@fu-berlin.de, & Claudia.Cuellar@fu-berlin.de) and a team of partner universities in the MAP region.